Selling Manga

Discussion for Manga Circle members and events.

Moderator: Officers

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Selling Manga

Postby ZepysGirl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:15 am

I guess this fits better here than anywhere else!

I'm selling a few of my manga. I have a lot of various volume 1's from series that I don't wish to continue, and a bunch of other random stuff. The price is $5 per book, unless I say otherwise.

AI ORE! Love Me 1
Angel Diary 1-7
Because I'm the Goddess 1
Bird Kiss 1
Black Bird 1-4
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 1-2 (All that were published.)
Cherry Juice 1-4 (Complete series. $15 for all of them.)
Dears 1-2
The Deomon Ororon: The Complete Collection (This thing is a brick and contains the entire series. $10.)
Flower of Life 1
Four-Eyed Prince 1
Hyde & Closer 1
Immortal Rain 1-8 (All that were published. $30 for all of them.)
Instant Teen: Just Add Nuts 1-4 (Complete series. $15 for all of them.)
March Story 1 (New & still wrapped in plastic. $7.)
Moon Child 1
Naruto 1
Nephilim 1-2 (All that were published.)
Otogi Zoshi 2
Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo 8
Popcorn Romance (One-shot.)
Priceless 1-3 (Complete series. $10 for all of them.)
Raiders 1
RIN-NE 1
Samurai Deeper Kyo 1-28 ($100 for all of them.)
Snow Drop 1-12 (Complete series. $50 for all of them.)
The Story of Lee 1
Tale of a White Knight (One-shot.)
Ultimo 1

I'll make another thread in the Yaoi forum when I get all of my yaoi together. :lol:

Edit: added Dears, Nephilim, and Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo
Last edited by ZepysGirl on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Re: Selling Manga

Postby navaa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:58 am

You might as well just put me down to buy all the Yaoi you have, unless I own it already xD

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:29 am

I will come to you first, rest assured. xD Though I still have yet to find the time to go back through them and remember which ones I wanted to keep... oh, but Nahal, do you have a list of what you want? I could help you find them cheap.

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby navaa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:04 am

Haha here is my list so far:

Hey Class President
Sex Pistols
Haru wo Daiteita
Ze
Love Mode
Vassalord
Kusatta
Boku no Koe
Sex Therapist
Border

Most of them are pretty explicit and I figured the cheapest place to find them were on Amazon, but if you have another connection I would be really grateful if you would let me know where I can buy them at a cheaper price ^^ My favorite Yaoi mangakas are: Youka Nitta, Kodaka Kazuma, Ayano Yamane, and Naono Bohra. I have several others but I want to buy as many titles from them first as I can. Much appreciated!!!

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:26 am

Okay, well I couldn't find Hey! Class President for very cheap, but GoHastings.com has Wagama Kitchen for $3.50, and it's by the same author. Akadot Retail has volumes 1 & 2 of Hey! Class President new for $10 & $9. If supporting the company is your primary concern, then I would suggest Akadot, because they're basically DMP's sales arm. They give free economy shipping on orders at $50 (although I could have sworn it was $35... it might be a typo).

Love Pistols is... pretty much out of print. And like, the EXPENSIVE kind of out of print. :| My best suggestion would be to watch ebay on the chance someone doesn't realize what they have or scour used bookstores, because those volumes will not come cheap otherwise. @_@ Maybe pray for a license rescue.

Haru wo Daiteita... same story, basically. But I know you like artbooks, so here's an artbook I found by the same creator at Akadot Retail. $4 for an artbook is an awesome deal! Oh, and here's a deal that partners it with another title called Ciao Ciao Bambino. That one's $6 for both of them.

Ze is another tough one... looks like volumes 4 & 5 have gone out of print. Looks like Akadot has cheaper prices on the remaining volumes than Amazon does, so I would check there first. Oh, and haha, I happen to have a yaoi novel by Yuki Shimizu (The Man Who Doesn't Take Off His Clothes). Don't know if I want to sell that yet, though.

GoHastings.com has a few used copies of Love Mode, if you want to browse their selection. For the others, try Amazon. Just know that it is yet another BLU title, so it is probably unfinished and the remaining volumes will be hard to find. In fact, someone is trying to sell #10 for $1,000 on Amazon. :lol:

Vassalord will be easier to find, if only because it was a main Tokyopop title and not a BLU title. Volume 1 is $2.45 used at GoHastings.com. #2 is $4.80 used, and #3 is $7.20 new (they don't have used copies). Oh, and I happen to have a copy of Vassalord #4, if you want to buy it for $10. :wink: I'd consider that a fair price, since I'm trying to sell it for $15+shipping on Amazon.

By Kusatta, I'm pretty sure you're refering to Bad Teacher's Equation. They're releasing that one in 2-volume omnibuses, so they'll be even more expensive than normal. Volume #1 is the only one that's out currently; #2 comes out in October. Akadot Retail has #1 at $11.55, and Amazon has it at $13.57. If you preorder #2 now, Amazon's got it for $13.50.

It appears that Boku no Koe (Sound of My Voice) is only available as a Kindle eBook... I'm pretty sure there's a way to download a kindle interface for a computer, but I wouldn't be the one to ask about that. xD

I don't think Sex Therapist is licensed yet, but thanks for the funny images that popped up when I searched for it. :lol:

As for Border, Akadot Retail has it for $7. The rest of the series isn't out yet.

Looks like a lot of Youka Nitta's stuff is in eBook format, so you may want to look into downloading a way to read them... Meanwhile, Akadot Retail appears to be the cheapest place to get The Prime Minister's Secret Diplomacy, Otodama: Voice From The Dead 1, and White Brand.

And hm, I think the only Kodaka Kazuma series you didn't list was Kizuna, which they're actually reprinting in a Deluxe Edition. I'd hurry and get this if you don't already own it; volume #1 appears to be out of print. The cheapest place to get it would be GoHastings.com at $14, but Amazon also has copies that start at $11+$4shipping. Volumes 2 & 3 are cheapest at Akadot Retail. #4 comes out in October.

I looks like Akadot Retail has a lot of Finder stuff (mousepads? xD). Just make sure you get the English-Language volumes, if those are what you want--- I noticed they had the Japanese volumes in there as well. It should say on the product page which language it's in.

I'm not sure if anything by Naono Bohra has been published in English, other than Yokai's Hunger which came out years ago and is out of print.

OH, and one last thing! GoHastings has a coupon going right now (don't know when it ends). You'll get 40% off used books if you enter in the code: FILLURSHELVES.

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby navaa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 am

O _ O JESUS MORGAN!!! You should totally go into the work of Merchandising and Sales xD You really know your stuff! Thanks so much! Haha yeah sorry about Sex Therapist. And OMFG Kizuna!! I can't believe I forgot to put that on my list! Haha, yes I bought the first two volumes that were Special Addition at AnimePop. Do you happen to know if they are gonna re-release all of the remaining volumes as Special Edition or is it just gonna be the first two volumes? Also, where do you get your info on what company is going out of business and stuff? I wanna learn to keep track of them. Thanks for all this info! Gonna go shop now ^^

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Haha, thanks. :lol: I buy a lot of manga, so you get better at it somewhere along the line.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Special Addition"--- the only "Special Addition" I can find is a Japanese edition of the book. It looks like that's what DMP is adapting from for the Deluxe Editions, though? The covers look the same, at least. And yes, if they've started publishing a Deluxe Edition reprint, they should probably finish it off. And like I said, #3 is already out. I think it's a pretty popular series, so there shouldn't be an issue with the publisher dropping the series... Sorry, I don't know that much about Kizuna. ^_^;

Hm, where I get my info... well, I follow two blogs mainly, The Anime News Network and MangaBlog. Manga Blog is great because she condenses each day's links of other various blogs' manga news & reviews into each post. And then ANN is... ANN. xD Not so great for finer manga-related news, but it definitely hits the major events. Those two blogs should cover pretty much everything you need to keep up with, including new licenses/ license rescues, manga reviews, and news about companies. Many companies have mailing lists too; I've joined DMP's mailing list, so I learn about their new releases first in my email.

As far as volumes going out of print, it's pretty easy. If a company is out of business, then you need to consider all of their books OOP. Even if Amazon still has copies. And that's the other way to tell if something's out of print: if Amazon doesn't have any copies, or lists them as anything other than "ships in 24 hours", then it's a good bet that the publisher has decided not to reprint that particular book. Unless there's a really weird thing going on, like with Blue Exorcist #2--- it was so popular it went out of stock on Amazon before they could reprint, so it looked like #2 was OOP there for a few weeks. xD

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby navaa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Yes, Deluxe Edition. That's what it is. And yeah I saw that the 3rd volume is out a while ago, but I didn't have the money for it then TT^TT I shall buy it sometime next month as well. Thanks!

The Demon Princess
Magical Poster

Postby The Demon Princess » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:13 pm

How much do want for RIN-NE?

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:13 am

$5.

The Demon Princess
Magical Poster

Postby The Demon Princess » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:17 pm

ZepysGirl wrote:$5.

I'll take it!! :mrgreen:

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:19 pm

K, cool. I'll bring it to the next meeting. ^_^

gojen

Postby gojen » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey I am also selling Manga.

Here's the list, let me know if you want anything:

Abenobashi Vols 1&2
Between The Sheets
Chobits Vol 1,2,3
Gunslinger Girl Vol 1,2,4,6
Hands Off Vol 1
Midori Days Vol 1
My-Hime Vol 1,2
Peach Girl Vol 1
Martian Successor Nadesico Vol 1,4
Ohikkoshi
Saikano Vol 1,2,3

I know I don't have all the volumes of any of them, but I was working on my collection. Now I am broke, and am selling them off for $2.50 a piece.

Also, if anyone has Vol 1 of Kodomo no Jikan/Nymphette, I would pay glady for it. My friend has been looking for it for a looooong time.

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm pretty sure Kodomo no Jikan was never actually published in the US. :|

gojen

Postby gojen » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 pm

only the first volume, very limited print

Return to “Manga Circle”