What's your favorite manga?

Discussion for Manga Circle members and events.

Moderator: Officers

What is your favorite type of manga?

Shojo
32%
Shonen
39%
Seinen
29%
Josei
No votes
Kodomo
No votes

Total votes: 28

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

What's your favorite manga?

Postby ZepysGirl » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi Manga Circle peeps! It wasn't right that we haven't had a post yet, so I'll start us off with a question that should be fairly easy:

What's your favorite manga, and why?

And I guess I'll start us off:

My favorite manga is Meru Puri. It's one of the first manga I got really excited about. After I read the first book, I simply had to run out to buy the rest! I was so sad it was only four volumes, though! Still, it remains one of my favorites and is always the first series I lend out to friends.

It's got everything I love: an original fairy tale story, a heroine I can really root for, a hero who's both cute AND hot simultaneously!, and to top it all off--- gorgeous art! What's not to love? If you like shojo manga, then I definitely suggest checking out Meru Puri!

RomantiqZombii
Needs To Post More

Re: What's your favorite manga?

Postby RomantiqZombii » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm

We can be in multiple circles, right? Because there are like 5 I want to be in O___O;;

My Favorite Manga would probably have to be Nana. Whyyyy? Because it's like an awesome soap opera in a book. I don't really know why I'm attracted to the dramatic, but all of the fashion and sex and scandals that go on is just....GOD, I DON'T EVEN KNOW MAN. It's just good. For me.

A close runner up would have to be Rurouni Kenshin. I'm a sucker for action, and sweet, cute former man-slayers with bright red hair :3
Stop, Stop Breaking My Heart ~ <3
My Anime List

hiyada
Posting Mecha

Postby hiyada » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Being in multiple circles is just fine.

ANGEL SANCTUARY THAT IS ALL
Whaaaaat's that? You don't know Inspector Cabanela? Go plaaaaay Ghost Trick, baby.

kurumilover
Industry Liaison
Industry Liaison

Postby kurumilover » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 pm

My favourite manga of all-time has to be "Cutie Honey aGoGo! (Perfect Edition)".

If you have seen the live-action Cutie Honey film directed by Hideaki Anno and released through VAP in Japan, and Bandai in America, or at least the 3 episode "Re: Cutie Honey" OVAs by GAINAX and Anno, then you already know the basic re-direction that 2004 took on Cutie Honey, however this manga version is written by the legendary Go Nagai himself along with Hideaki Anno and illustrated by Shinpei Itou (Hyper Dolls).

It's a shounen title (though I prefer shoujo meself) but is a magical girl story complete with gore, violence, nudity and lots of heart (weird mix). It draws alot of its source material from the original Cutie Honey manga by Nagai-sensei from 1973, yet keeps the changes Hideaki Anno introduced (Honey is stupid and naive like Usagi in Sailor Moon, Aki Natsuko is a gun-toting, chain smoking public safety inspector instead of lesbian roommate, etc.)

If anyone knows Japanese, I definitely recommend it! c: (Stay away from Cutie Honey SEED though)

Azord

Postby Azord » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Bleach. And one piece!! U will submit to the one piece cult!!!

gojen

Postby gojen » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:43 pm

I was never able to get into One Piece, I'm sorry Azord. It will never happen :(

I would have to say that my favorite mangas are between Saishuu Heiki Kanojo(also known as Saikano), Berserk, or Elfen Lied. All really good stories, and all Seinen suprisingly. i do read other stuff, a bunch of my other choices were shoujo mangas or shounen, but I would have to say I prefer Seinen.

Oooh, Kodomo no Jikan is Seinen too.

mindtailor
MEK National Secretary
MEK National Secretary

Postby mindtailor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Whoops. Voted for the wrong one.

I think my favorite manga right now is Vinland Saga. The current arc isn't quite as bad, but it has a lot of extremely graphic violence - like you would expect from a manga about vikings. I also recently liked Ookiku Furikabutte, but forgot about it before it came out here as Big Windup. I also like Getter Robo, but I remember it being kind of hard to find. It's been a while since I read manga.

My favorite since high school I think would have to be FAKE, though that mostly overlaps with Yaoi circle. XD There's a lot of overlap here.
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, PIKACHU CHOOSE YOU!

zwolf18
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby zwolf18 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:46 am

My favorites are Black Cat and Jyu-oh-sei. They just are.

Su2407

Postby Su2407 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:51 pm

My favorite manga series:
♥ One Piece: super funny - although i didnt like the drawing style at first, but im getting used to it :") - i love the silliness of Luffy :") and of course, i love all those adventures :X
♥ Meitantei Conan (a.k.a Case Close): my very first manga. I started reading it when i was only 9 years old 8-> so long already. Great detective cases - although now its kinda .... getting longer and longer, i wanna see the end ;___;
♥ Inu-yasha: sweet love story :X and I like inu-yasha :") he's so cute :") with all his feelings for Kagome 8-> awnn

Well, i love any sweet love story :") im fine with both shojo and shonen, well, i prefer stories that are comedy and adventures; erm, im an-ti horrors ;___; i cant sleep after reading/watching .... those type.
♥ ♥ ♥

The Demon Princess
Magical Poster

Postby The Demon Princess » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 pm

I love shounen manga!
My favorite manga series are
Bleach
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Inuyasha

KuriBear
Magical Poster

Postby KuriBear » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Sup!
I'm the random creeper who decided to jump in. I've yet to lurk in this circle yet, but I need to xD

Well,
I love mostly shonen/Action
Specifically violent manga (and if there's blood shed, that's a plus).
My favorites are:
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Kuroshitsuji
Pandora Hearts
Durarara!
Dogs, Bullets, and Carnage (need to read up on it again)
Saiyuki
Needless
"When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane."
Hermann Hesse

hillberd
Needs To Post More

Postby hillberd » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:37 pm

I don't really have a specific genre I prefer, but I do tend to lean a bit towards sienen. If it's to cutesy or girly I start getting picky and analyzing things..

My favorite manga of all time would have to be Ubel Blatt. Its a fantasy setting with a twist on the typical script that makes the direction so much more interesting. so instead of the pathetic loser that has to get his ass kicked a bunch of times to finally become a badass, the main protagonist starts out as a badass already and it just gets crazier from there. I would recommend this manga to anyone who wouldn't mind reading a swords and sorcery genre story. there are occasionally a few ecchi scenes but mostly the worst parts are lots of violence and dead bodies. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bel_blatt/

second would be Sun-ken rock. long story short its about a nice korean guy who becomes the leader of a gang in japan and slowly (beating up competition usually) gains control of the yakuza and japanese underworld. can get pretty mature at times though.http://www.mangafox.com/manga/sun_ken_rock/

third would be Angel Densetsu. was originally a oneshot by yagi norihiro (the author of claymore) but it got its own series and it gets rediculously silly at times. from what I can remember its pretty clean. don't hate me if you see something you don't approve of though. http://www.mangareader.net/178/angel-densetsu.html

I would recommend these to anyone who has no fear of reading foreign comic books. I posted the links in case you want to read a description of them.

zwolf18
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby zwolf18 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 pm

I loved Angel Densetsu! It was hilarious :) If you can get past the horrible drawings at the beginning, he really improves his style as he goes.

stikywikit
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby stikywikit » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 pm

I know I'm a little late in posting this, but...

My favorite manga at the moment is Dengeki Daisy <3 The only downside to it is that it's still ongoing.

Some of my other favorites are Ouran High School Host Club, La Corda d' Oro, Pita-Ten, After School Nightmare, and Loveless.

Kira of the Sky
Posting Mecha

Postby Kira of the Sky » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Some personal favorites of mine are:

Riki-Oh
Black Jack
Cardcaptor Sakura
Bleach
Naruto
Loveless
Pokemon Adventures