By President's decree, the dark seal placed on the fanfiction contest shall be removed!
Ladies and gents, I've had an idea for a while to get members' creative juices flowing. And for better or for worse, the fanfiction contest is the best idea that I got. I'm putting my trust in y'all to put forth your best effort without resorting to blatant smut.
- All entries must be between 1000-5000 words. There's some leeway both ways on that, but the closer you get to the minimum or maximum the better.
- No porn, no smut. Nothing wrong with romance, but we'd like to be able to show these stories off when we're done to the public.
- No using stories you've already written before. We want original entries, not rehashes from your fanfiction vault. I will be vigilant about this, so don't get cute with this rule.
- Contest begins TODAY, March 3rd!
- Contest ends April 7th. That's a month to write! Plenty of time to work with!
Prizes will be awarded to the Officers' Choice and Honorable Mention. With the Honorable Mention, it could be used as a 2nd place, or as a way to reward stories that think outside the box and try something surprising. Lots of leeway there.
If you have any questions on the contest, feel free to contact me at JSanAntonio@live.com and let me know of any concerns you may have.
Good luck, writers!